Celebrating 10 Years of Nature’s Notebook
This month, we look ahead to the future of the USA-NPN. Here are some of the things the USA-NPN staff are cooking up for next year:
- Pheno Forecast maps for at least five new species including buffelgrass, eastern tent caterpillar, and Asian long-horned beetle
- Online Observer Certification Course
- New species to monitor in Nature's Notebook
- Release of updated Nature's Notebook mobile app that will include an animal checklist for quick and easy data entry
- Nature's Notebook campaigns for pest and invasive species to help improve Pheno Forecast maps
- A new and improved Phenology Visualization Tool
- and much more!
How your data are being used
Observing nature is fun. But it also serves a greater purpose. Your observations of plants or animals inform scientific discovery and decision-making:
- Scientists use your data in groundbreaking research.
- Land managers use them to make better-informed decisions about natural resources in their care.
- Decision-makers use them to determine policy.